The P’tit Trot program is aimed at kids aged 6 - 12 with little or no previous riding experience. The program provides children with a pleasant introduction to horseback riding. Depending on the program level of the participant, some of the learning components may include: grooming, hoof care, general horse care, basic tack, parts of the saddle, adjusting a halter, colors, breeds, how to mount the horse, sitting trot, and transitions between the gaits.
Each level has both a theoretical and practical component that participants must learn by the end of the level to move on to the next. Each level focuses on specific components of riding and more importantly, on taking care of the participants’ new friend—the horse!
As each component is learned, participants progress to the point where they are able to master a specific skill. Games are incorporated into each component providing the riders the opportunity to learn by playing.
The Daily Tid-Bits
- Session length: 5 weeks
- Time: Tuesdays 5:30 -7:30 & Thursdays 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Location: WW Stables, 1356 McCreary Road, Winnipeg, MB
- Coach: Wendy Robinson, Equine Canada Competition Coach Specialist
Children are required to bring the following:
- Long pants, such as jeans
- Boots with at least a half inch heel, hiking boots are great!
- Helmet: hockey, bicycle or riding helmets are acceptable
- Children must bring their own Lunch and Snacks
- Please make sure to bring LOTS of water to stay hydrated!
Should you have any questions, please give us a call 204-895-7106 or Wendy's cell 204-792-1086.
In Our Youth We Look To The Future"